Re: Packages up for adoption.

On Thu, Sep 05, 2002 at 09:43:03PM -0700, Stephen Zander wrote:
>     Zephaniah> I no longer have a machine with 3Dfx hardware in it to
>     Zephaniah> test with, and trying to maintain packages that I can't
>     Zephaniah> even test is not something that I wish to do.
>
> Are these packages even necessary anymore in the face of XFree86 4.1
> etc?

ISTR they are need for 3D use of the older voodoo2 and voodoo1
hardware.  (Although XF 4 does in fact support 2D usage of these
cards, which is a cheap and slightly esoteric way of getting a dual
head system)

I can certainly confirm that the voodoo3 (which was supported by the
old packages) works fine with the new style DRI scheme.

Jules