Re: sablevm_1.0.1-4_i386.changes REJECTED

On 5 Sep 2002, Grzegorz Prokopski wrote:

> W li¶cie z czw, 22-08-2002, godz. 11:58, James Troup pisze:
> > Grzegorz Prokopski <gadek@debian.org> writes:
> >
> > >   * note to ftpmaster: if you have some other technical problems with
> > >     this package - please file a bugreport or just mail me; I'll
> > >     explain/fix remaining isses ASAP; rejecting the package worries me
> > >     and I am afraid if it won't make it waiting another week for
> > >     acceptance. thank you for your understanding
> >
> > *sigh* being like this in the changelog is extremely
> > counter-productive, you might want to think about that next time you
> > wonder "why am I waiting for <foo>?"...
>
> I hope, that this is NOT the reason why updated sablevm package is
> being kept out of the archive since about 2 weeks?
>
> My english is too weak to say how and why I'd be disappointed if
> ftpmasters were keeping my package away from the archive as a
> penalty because of my changelog note (see the "please" there?).
>
> Summarizing: please just let new sablevm package into the archive

If there are techical problems with the packages, bugs will be filed.  No need
to single out any one entity.

Besides, the changelog is for documenting *changes* to a package.  The above
note is no were near a change.

The above note is you pestering the ftpmasters.  Do you like to be pestered?
Do you like to be annoyed?