Re: Deleting /var/cache/*

Duncan> True, the FHS does not specifically say that directories have
Duncan> to be recreated, but I would consider it a bug if they
Duncan> aren't. Anyone agree?

Joey> I think it would be at best a feature request, but I would like
Joey> to see that feature implemented, nontheless..

Would that also mean that those directories are not shipped as part of
packages anymore?  I'd disagree with that because the fewer such files
in system owned space, the better.

This does not necessarily follow from requiring them to be recreated;
they could be both installed from the original package _and_ recreated
if necessary. But the current tradition seems to be that it is either
one or the other.

--
Ian Zimmerman, Oakland, California, U.S.A.
GPG: 433BA087  9C0F 194F 203A 63F7 B1B8  6E5A 8CA3 27DB 433B A087