Re: Mostly solved (Is it me, pbuilder, dpkg or something else?)

On Tue, Sep 03, 2002 at 09:57:26PM +0900, Junichi Uekawa wrote:
> On Tue, 3 Sep 2002 12:30:43 +0300
> shaulka@bezeqint.net wrote:
> > Extracting source
> > unable to get login information for username "shaul" at
> >     /usr/lib/dpkg/controllib.pl line 56.
> > Compilation failed in require at /usr/bin/dpkg-source line 22.
> > pbuilder: Failed extracting the source
> >  -> unmounting /proc filesystem
> >  -> unmounting /dev/pts filesystem
> >  -> cleaning the build env
> > root@sitvanit:/tmp# exit
> > exit
> >
> This error is being emit inside the chroot, which
>

> > shaul@sitvanit:/tmp$ getent passwd shaul
> > shaul:x:1000:1000:Shaul Karl,,,:/home/shaul:/bin/bash
> > shaul@sitvanit:/tmp$
>
> should be untrue.

I didn't fully understand you. Did you meant that the getent command
should not have given those results? If so then I should have clarify
that the getent command was not run from within the chroot. Instead I
used a shell which has the normal system / as its root.

Anyway, I have managed to get pbuilder to build those packages by
putting the line

    BUILDUSERNAME=shaul

in /etc/pbuilderrc. Previously BUILDUSERNAME was not defined. I still
get

  Extracting source
  su: Authentication service cannot retrieve authentication info.
  (Ignored)

But I hope it is harmless.