Re: foomatic unmaintained?

On Sep 03, Rainer Dorsch wrote:
> some weeks ago I was installing an HP OfficeJet and on the hpoj mailing list
> somebody was pointing out that I need the latest version of foomatic to get
> good results.....but it seems that the Debian foomatic-{bin,db} packages in
> sid are outdated. I contacted the maintainer,  Manfred Wassmann, but so far
> no response.
>
> This could mean that the maintainer is simply to busy to respond and invests
> his time better in maintaining the package than answering stupid email or
> more likely that the package is unmaintained....
>
> In this case, maybe somebody familar with foomatic may want to take it...to
> help to prepare Debian for the desktop for the masses.

I contacted the maintainer a few days ago about the package, and have
not received any response either.  I have prepared an NMU of the
current foomatic release; it's currently in DELAYED/?-days (I think ?
is 4 at the moment).

Chris
--
Chris Lawrence <chris@lordsutch.com> - http://www.lordsutch.com/chris/