foomatic unmaintained?

Hello,

some weeks ago I was installing an HP OfficeJet and on the hpoj mailing list
somebody was pointing out that I need the latest version of foomatic to get
good results.....but it seems that the Debian foomatic-{bin,db} packages in
sid are outdated. I contacted the maintainer,  Manfred Wassmann, but so far
no response.

This could mean that the maintainer is simply to busy to respond and invests
his time better in maintaining the package than answering stupid email or
more likely that the package is unmaintained....

In this case, maybe somebody familar with foomatic may want to take it...to
help to prepare Debian for the desktop for the masses.

Thanks.
Rainer