Re: RFC: Handling of certificates in Debian

* Henrique de Moraes Holschuh (hmh@debian.org) wrote:
> On Sat, 31 Aug 2002, Brian May wrote:
> > (note that I really like this realiance on checking the hostname, for
> > instance it doesn't work properly with virtual name domains under https,
> > but it somehow seems to have become the defacto default, and we seem to
> > be stuck with it for now).
>
> It can, if the !@#$@#$ browsers implement the altName extension.

Uh, except that on the server side if you're going to have different
certs for different virtual servers then unless they each have their own
IP there's no way for apache to know which cert to use because the SSL
connection and whatnot is set up prior to the HTTP headers being sent.
That's my understanding anyway.

	Stephen