Re: Improper NMU (Re: NMU for libquota-perl)

On Mon, 2 Sep 2002, Sebastian Rittau wrote:

> Remember: You're just the package maintainer. The package does not belong
> to you and it's not "yours" by any means.

Oh, I think you are very mistaken. It is not his in the sense that it's
under GPL. But it's his in the sense that since he is its official
maintainer others should respect that.

And as is the case in the GPL world - everybody is free to fork his
package and maintain his own, if he thinks some maintainer is not doing
his work or refusing to let someone else do it in a better way.

This being said I'm not refering here to the quality of anybody's work nor
to what has been discussed in this thread here - just to the basic
principle.
*t

         Tomas Pospisek
         http://sourcepole.ch