Fwd: Love it when a good plan works out!

Great warm and fuzzy mail with an interesting P.S.

Subject: Love it when a good plan works out!
Date: Sun, 1 Sep 2002 16:03:14 -0700
From: Johnny Quazar <quazar@bitblaster.com>
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org

Just completed my first crack at the new Woody 3.0r0 release, and
wanted to write and kudos to the team!

Wow, smooth as silk, the >only< glitch I experienced was an
overloaded security.debian.org server -- and you guys even
anticipated that event! I used retry a couple times and blamo --
pain-free Linux install!

I've got a few of these under my belt and have never seen it go
smoother -- GOOD JOB PEOPLE! Huge Warm Fuzzies!!

Thanks again,

Rob Leachman
quazar@bitblaser.com

PS: Well I wanted to write one of those really rare messages but
cannot click send without finding something to suggest... nowhere in
the (i386) install manual does it clearly state:

1. Download compact-rescue and compact-root
2. Make floppies
3. Boot the rescue disk
4. Do the most obvious thing
5. Bask in the glow

I had to "go for it" with less certainty than would have been
provided with at least step 1 explicitly stated (under the
"installing over network" section?). Shrug, whatever.

Substitute this suggestion with "how the heck did I get nethack, in a
minimal install" if the above doesn't seem important, ha ha.