Re: IO::Socket::INET question

On Fri, Aug 23, 2002 at 07:50:21AM +1000, Brian May wrote:
> Which appears to come from /usr/share/perl/5.6.1/IO/Socket/INET.pm,
> in the configure routine. This file is from perl-base, and
> it is the same version as in woody, and the same version that works
> on all my other systems.

Russell Coker suggested I run cruft on the system, and I did so.
It produced a long list of files several screen fulls long.

I found some interesting entries:

sat# grep usr.*perl /tmp/out
        /usr/lib/perl5/CGI/Carp.pm
        /usr/lib/perl5/CGI/Carp_dist.pm

These files don't seem to exist, I am not sure why cruft reported them.

More importantly:

        /usr/lib/perl5/IO/Socket.pm

I strongly suspect this was the cause of my problems.

Anyway I backed up all of these files with:

sat# tar czvf /root/oldperl.tar.gz `grep usr.*perl /tmp/out`

and deleted the originals, and now it seems to work fine.

Thanks!
--
Brian May <bam@debian.org>