Re: Next Debconf

On 15 Aug 2002, Tollef Fog Heen wrote:

> I am planning Debconf 3 to be held in Oslo, from Friday July 18th to
> Sunday July 20th.
Great!
I guess this would not conflict with LSM (Bordeaux) or LinuxTag (Karlsruhe)
because this is traditionally earlier (even if there are no dates fixed).

> Joeyh hess mentioned a good idea in the DebConf2 post-mortem thread:
>
> : What I wouldn't mind seeing is 2 or 3 days either before or after
> : the next one that lack talks and are just there for ad-hoc
> : discussion and face time and hacking. It was nice to have the talks
> : but I really went for the other 3 items. Call it 'debcamp' or
> : something. Extra organizational overhead should be near-zero; the
> : people who stay on for debcamp just use the same facilities as does
> : the conference.
Very good idea.

> Since this will be the weekend after cofsino (Conference on Free
> Software in Norway), I'll try to get a debcamp thingy before DebConf.
> Hopefully it can be a full week, but I guess people can show up in the
> middle of the week if they'd like to.
Very good plan to realize the idea ;-).

> Please don't ask for a lot of details yet -- things are still
> forming.
:) But what about the details? ;-)

> I'll post stuff on d-d-a when they are ripe.
>
> If you want to hold a presentation, don't hesitate to contact me.
I would like to geive a presentation about Debian Internal Projects
(which hopefully will be quite advanced than currently...).

Kind regards and thanks for your effort

           Andreas.