Re: g++ 3.2 on woody ?

On Thu, Aug 15, 2002 at 06:12:41 -0500, Marcelo E. Magallon wrote:
>  Does anyone have thoughts on a Debian-wide migration towards GCC 3.2?
>  (Or, for that matter, towards *anything* in the 3.x line).

The upcoming ABI change from 3.1 to 3.2 is the reason we've not switched to
3.1 as the Debian-wide default compiler. I don't follow
debian-{gcc,toolchain} in detail, but it is my impression from those lists
that there is a concensus among the toolchain maintainers to switch to gcc
3.2 as the Debian-wide default compiler in sarge as soon as possible.

HTH,
Ray
--
Lately, the only thing keeping me from being a serial killer is my distaste
for manual labor.