Re: ITP: maria

Junichi Uekawa wrote:
I've been hacking a few programs to work with vcg, which
does a fine work similar to graphviz.

I really need the node shape "record" of GraphViz for presenting Petri net states in a tabular format, but the example at <URL:http://rw4.cs.uni-sb.de/~sander/html/gsvcg6.html> looks promising: apparently vcg even allows multiple colours per node label (or multiple labels per node).

It is trivial to modify the graph exporter of maria to produce graphs in the vcg input language; everything is in one class, Dotty.C. The biggest problem might be making vcg interactive. At the minimum, it should be able to communicate via stdin/stdout and draw graphs incrementally. Translating mouse and keyboard events to Maria commands on stdout would be a big plus.

I'd really appreciate your help here, as vcg seems to have more layout options than GraphViz, and it might be easier to get vcg running properly (communicating via pipes) on Windows than GraphViz lefty. At first sight, xvcg seems to lack a scripting language. I cannot estimate how much time it would take to adapt xvcg to act as a maria-vis replacement, and I'm afraid I won't have the time in the near future. But perhaps vcg could be made a noninteractive visualiser of maria?

	Marko