Re: Menu system rewrite update (Aug 6 2002)

On Wed, 7 Aug 2002, Chris Lawrence wrote:

> > - Not a lot of code; just integrated Moshe's .startswith suggestion to
> >   make the code cleaner in parse_menus.py.
> >
> > - Two specification docs:
> >
> > * group_spec.txt: a replacement for the submenus that people seem to
> >   want to graft onto the official hierachy.
> >
> > * draft_policy.txt: a first-cut of a draft menu policy.
>
> I guess I forgot the url... http://www.phy.olemiss.edu/~cnlawren/debmenu/
Thanks for your efforts and the weekly information update.

While I have no real idea how it could be implemented I would like to
discuss the topic of user roles.  The Debian internal projects Debian-Jr
and Debian-Med have a big need for this feature and we tried to implement
some hack for the old menu system.  But I would really like to have this
feature included into the original design if the menu system is rewritten
from scratch.

Any thoughts?

Kind regards

         Andreas.