Re: -ffunction-sections build flag

> Nitpick. I call it broken, you call it buggy. Same thing.

PA has rather limited pc-relative branches and thus requires long branch
stubs in certain situations. It may require -ffunction-sections
forever under certain conditions. The toolchain may not be able to
fix this automagically.

And yes, we are working hard on making the toolchain better, please
bear with us >:}

Really only about 10% of all the packages need -ffunction-sections for
hppa.

> That was the whole point of this thread, if you could simply use that
> option everywhere.
>
> Wichert.

No. The point of the thread was teach you that because your package
exposed a bug by twiddling -ffunction-sections does not mean the arch
is broke. It just means you don't know how to use the BTS.

And to the original poster, if the build logs indicate that a symbol
can't be reached a link time, then you might be able to fix it by
adding -ffunction-sections. If that's not your problem then I can deal
with you directly to fix the issue :)

c.