Re: psi: psi is gpl links to libqssl1 whose license should be modified lgpl therefore not allowed...

On Wed, 7 Aug 2002 16:22:52 +1000
Anthony Towns <aj@azure.humbug.org.au> wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 06, 2002 at 11:32:35PM -0500, Chris Cheney wrote:
> > psi uses a library, libqssl1 which is lgpl. However, since it links
> > against openssl directly the license of libqssl1 should be a modified
> > lgpl which would make it incompatible with gpl(?)  So psi can not link
> > to libqssl1. As far as I can tell that also makes libqssl1's reason for
> > existence questionable since it doesn't actually work around the openssl
> > license issue.
>
> There's nothing illegitimate about linking LGPL'ed stuff with
> OpenSSL. Consider libc, for example.

I think his point is,

GPL program A links with LGPL library B which links with OpenSSL.

which sounds valid.

It would be nice to get libqssl to work with gnutls.

regards,
	junichi

--
dancer@debian.org  http://www.netfort.gr.jp/~dancer