Re: ITO: LILO

On Monday, August 5, 2002, at 11:37 PM, Hamish Moffatt wrote:

On Sun, Aug 04, 2002 at 06:44:12PM -0500, Adam Heath wrote:
Yes, you obviously don't have time.  Please take responsibility for the
software you maintain, and write proper changelog entries.

So what do you expect exactly - that a developer will diff the upstream
code to describe exactly how the bug was fixed in excruciating detail in
the debian/changelog?

I'm not Adam but my own hope would be that if a bug is closed by upstream then some note as to what has been fixed would appear in the changelog - "Now correctly handles $THING", for example. This is much more friendly and helpful to read in the changelog, particularly in cases where there are several possible approaches to solving the problem.

--
"You grabbed my hand and we fell into it, like a daydream - or a fever"