Re: IPv6 Virtual Package (Was Re: ping and inetd)

Hi all,

Indra Kusuma wrote:

its time for IPv6 to be enabled by default, it will not break anything.
and just come to my mine maybe iputils-ping should split the ping6, same
with iputils-tracepath split the traceroute6, and theres must be an IPv6
virtual package contain main IPv6 tools/pkg.

No I don´t agree on the process of splitting pkgs in this way.
It will bloat the archive with pkgs made of few kbytes.
Instead we should go exactly the other way around and merging
as much as we can so that you will not have even to remember
to install a specific pkg to support ipv6.

Fabio