Re: security updated libssl kept apache from reloading

Michael Stone <mstone@debian.org> writes:

> On Fri, Aug 02, 2002 at 03:38:12PM +0200, Florian Weimer wrote:
>> "restart" is probably the wrong word. "apachectl restart" does NOT do
>> the trick.
>
> But this is debian, not apache.org. /etc/init.d/apache restart does what
> is needed.

And so does "/usr/sbin/rcapache restart" on SuSE (mentioned in their
advisory), yet we have collected quite a bit of evidence that SuSE
users like to run "apachectl restart" instead, leaving their servers
vulnerable.  That's why I think that the wording is not clear enough.

--
Florian Weimer 	                  Weimer@CERT.Uni-Stuttgart.DE
University of Stuttgart           http://CERT.Uni-Stuttgart.DE/people/fw/