mozilla / libpng: Too much data in IDAT chunks

Hi there,

  since a few days, I am having trouble with mozilla suddenly
hanging. Whenever this happens, I get the following error message
written to my ~/.gnome-errors.

	libpng error: Too much data in IDAT chunks

I am using a debian unstable system, fairly regularly updated. I
don't think, that this is a mozilla problem alone, though - the
problem occurs both with the mozilla in unstable, as well as the
mozilla 1.1b binary from mozilla.org...

The problem itself has been around for a few days now, but it's not
restricted to a single site, but seems to happen fairly regularly
across a number of sites now...

Any clue, what's causing this?

      Benedikt

  BEAUTY, n.  The power by which a woman charms a lover and terrifies a
    husband.
			(Ambrose Bierce, The Devil's Dictionary)