Re: That little libpng affair

Goswin Brederlow <goswin.brederlow@student.uni-tuebingen.de> immo vero scripsit:

> > Try installing your whatever woody application with the new
> > sid png3 library.
> > It will break just like wdm in woody did.
> Why doesn't the libpng Conflict with everything compiled against older
> libpng?

I've fixed the situation so that any -dev package that
compiles with libpng2/3-dev will have a

Depends: libpng2-dev
Depends: libpng3-dev.

This way, any package cannot be built against both, because
libpng2-dev and libpng3-dev conflict.

Unfortunately it wasn't done this way until very recently.

That is one of the reasons why I went around writing

dancer@debian.org : Junichi Uekawa   http://www.netfort.gr.jp/~dancer
GPG Fingerprint : 17D6 120E 4455 1832 9423  7447 3059 BF92 CD37 56F4
Libpkg-guide: http://www.netfort.gr.jp/~dancer/column/libpkg-guide/