Re: dselect 1.10.4 not reading new package list information properly

On Sun, Jul 28, 2002 at 06:28:53AM +0200, Bernd Eckenfels wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 28, 2002 at 12:07:24PM +0800, Federico Sevilla III wrote:
> > For example, after doing an `apt-get update`, running dselect as either
> > root or some normal user shows packages as either New, Up-to-Date, or
> > Obsolete/Local, only. It doesn't know which packages are Updated.
>
> You need to run "deselect update" with apt method enabled.

Unfortunately, despite running "Update" from the interactive dselect
menu, which in turn updated my lists of available packages using apt,
dselect still does not have any information on which packages are
updated. :(

 --> Jijo

--
Federico Sevilla III   :  <http://jijo.free.net.ph/>
Network Administrator  :  The Leather Collection, Inc.