Re: interfaces, mapping, etc

At 22:24 -0400 25 Jul 2002, Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> wrote:
> So -- ifupdown already ignores fields with names it doesn't know. Just
> make it set all such fields in the environemnt when running the various
> if-up.* scripts, and the up, pre-up, down, and post-down commands.

It already does this.  For the env variable name the field name is
converted to uppercase and prefixed with IF_ . The wireless-tools and
bridge-utils packages already include scripts that make use of this.

--
Aaron Schrab     aaron@schrab.com      http://www.schrab.com/aaron/
 As I look across the web, what I find is this vast wasteland that