tenative ITP linux-wlan-ng; soliciting advice

This is of course the driver for prism2 wireless cards.
Web site: http://www.linux-wlan.com/linux-wlan/
Copyright: MPL

The nasty catch in all this is that wlan-ng iplements its own special
way of configuring the wireless cards that is entirely unlike all other
wireless stuff in linux. And there are three varieties of cards: pcmcia,
usb, and internal PCI (which I have). The pcmcia is integrated into
the pcmcia subsystem in a fairly standard way. The others go their own
way, via a grody config file and init script. Tying this into ifupdown
and adding scheme support will probably be interesting.

I'm soliciting advice from anyone who has installed wlan-ng yourself; if
you've done any integration work to make it play nice with the rest of
debian please write and describe. I'll decide in a few days if I really
want to package this.

--
see shy jo