Re: Debian 3.0r1

    Wichert> Previously Russell Coker wrote:
    >> Another thing, I'd like to get SE Linux added in a point
    >> release.

    Wichert> And I would like to sky to suddenly turn yellow since I
    Wichert> think that is will look better. :)

    Wichert> In other words: no way. Adding SE Linux means adding a
    Wichert> bunch of new packages, new kernels, modifying lots of
    Wichert> scripts as well as dpkg.

I think Russell's original message made it pritty clear he didn't
agree with the current release policy.  I think that you could have
more usefully responded either by pointing out what process he would
need to follow to change that policy or by arguing why the change in
policy would be a bad idea.

Simply stating that his proposal to include SE Linux didn't meet that
current policy--a fact both you and he are apparently aware of-- seems
a waste of mail.

I am actually curious.  How would one go about changing what types of
things are accepted in point releases?