Re: Accepted sdl-image1.2 1.2.2-1 (i386 source)

On Wed, Jul 24, 2002 at 02:40:05PM -0300, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:

> > so after an open bug has been sitting idle for (e.g.) 4 months, the

> Make it 1 month. We are trying to put an end to this "no NMU even if I am
> not doing my work" mentality.  And recompiling a package is a very trivial
> NMU...

Note that I was suggesting that if no upload had been done for the
package after four months, the libraries it uses be relinked against
libpng3 *even though* it will break some applications.  NMUers should not
wait nearly so long, and four months of NMUing should address a sizable
percentage of the affected packages, after which point unfixed packages
should be allowed to be broken; but I'm not confident that 1 month is
long enough for MUs and NMUs to run their course.

If, after one month most packages have been fixed, there's no reason not
to speed up the timeline.

Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer