Re: pam_console for debian

christophe barbé <christophe.barbe.ml@online.fr> wrote:
> For gphoto2, I am working on integrating hotplug code to give the
> permission to access the cam to the user in front of the computer.

> The RedHat package uses a script which reads the file
>   /var/{run,lock}/console.lock
> which contains the user login. This file is created by pam_console.

> We don't have pam_console, so I am looking for an alternative.

Hello,
Search the archives, /iirc/ there was a consensus that pam_console is
a hack with bad security and that debian should not use it.

Do you see any major difference between accessing the camera or the
local soundcard? We accept that all users in group sound can access
the soundcard, no matter whether they are login locally, can't you
setup a new group and give the cam to this group?
            cu andreas