Re: PS2 debian port

On Mon, Jul 22, 2002 at 10:06:13AM -0500, Adam Stewart Edgar <adam.edgar@ua.edu> wrote...
> Does anyone know if there has been talk of a debian port to the PS2?
> If so where can I find information? If not how can I start the process
> of porting debian to the system?

I had started such a beast when the Linux kit first came out in Japan.
The reminder including my modifications to dpkg and quick hacks to
various stuff can be found at
http://www.cip.informatik.uni-muenchen.de/~bolzer/ps2linux/
I see that I havn't touched that stuff in almost a year because of
time constraints. Since the mipsEEel isn't binary compatible with
mipsel, the concensus at the time was to wait until somebody hacked the
kernel to emulate the few missing instructions and then use the whole
glory of our mipsel-port. Doesn't look like much has happened in that
direction, tough.

--
	Oliver M. Bolzer
	oliver@gol.com

GPG (PGP) Fingerprint = 621B 52F6 2AC1 36DB 8761  018F 8786 87AD EF50 D1FF