The next release (was: Planned packages for sarge)

also sprach Eduard Bloch <edi@gmx.de> [2002.07.21.1506 +0200]:
> My opinion is - begin the freeze in 2-3 months, deep freeze near to
> Christmas and release in spring.

I second that. For Woody we had the excuse that it's our first time.
Now I think we're ready for biannual releases (correct me if I am
wrong, I am only speculating), and it's just going to be easier if we
do it more frequently.

> Windows-Air:
> Der Check-In ist super-einfach, das Terminal bunt, die Angestellten alle
> korrekt gekleidet, Du wirst königlich behandelt, das Flugzeug hebt sanft
> ab, aber explodiert nach 10 Minuten in der Luft.

I would consider the check-in counter-intuitive, and I wouldn't expect
a treatment like a king. The airplane would be delayed by half a year,
it would take an hour to take off, and it would attempt to take other
airplanes down with it as it crashes.

"in any hierarchy, each individual rises
 to his own level of incompetence,
 and then remains there."
                               -- murphy (after dr. laurence j. peter)