Re: (Possible) menu code rewrite

Craig Dickson (2002-07-16 16:31:37 -0700) :

> Whether it's actually all that much slower or memory-piggy is hard
> to say.

[...]

> I've been doing a lot of work lately with XML and XSLT, and I
> haven't found xsltproc to be a performance problem at all.

My main concern is that you'd make all window managers depend on half
a megabyte of stuff that is unneeded for normal operations (for most
of them anyway).  I'm not sure I'd like that on my somewhat minimalist
(at least by modern standards) laptop computer.

Roland.
--
Roland Mas

Time is a drug.  Too much of it kills you.
  -- in Small Gods (Terry Pratchett)