Re: using ps and /proc in buildd chroots possible?

On Wed, Jul 17, 2002 at 12:06:16AM +0200, Wichert Akkerman wrote:
> > I can't figure out why my builds fail on some architectures and success
> > on some others. As the problematic command is a simple "ps -p $$" in
> > a ./configure script I wonder if it can be that some buildds don't mount
> > /proc in their chroots.
>
> Not all do afaik, but why would you want to run that command anyway?
> I can't think of any reason to examine the list of running processes
> during a build..

./configure tries a "ps p $$ | grep $$" to figure out if ps works like
BSD or SystemV... I've just compiled a patched version that skips this
step as the used target system for my packages will be Linux most likely :)

BTW: Is there a reason not to mount proc in buildd?

thanks,

-christian-