Re: mozilla-locale-*: language selection by the LANG/LC_MESSAGES environment variable

On Sun, Jul 14, 2002 at 01:43:19PM +0200, Jacobo Tarrio wrote:
> O Domingo, 14 de Xullo de 2002 ás 13:12:41 +0200, Aurelien Jarno escribía:
> > > would it be possible for mozilla to use locale settings for language
> > > pack selection ?  As-is mozilla can hardly be used by non english
> > > speaking novice users:
>  If I recall correctly, there's a patch in Mozilla's bugzilla that does just
> that: get the language settings from the environment and use the "right"
> language pack if it is installed.
>  Unfortunately, as it currently is, it makes Mozilla take it twice as long
> to start.

Here's a quick-and-dirty fix which is utterly off-topic:

	(as root)
	vi /var/lib/mozilla/chrome.d/99default
		(change the line
		for example)

This will simply set the default system-wide. While not as good as a
Mozilla which understands the relevant environment variables, it may
help a sysadmin faced with hundreds of non-english-speaking novices.

But I don't know whether /var/lib/mozilla/chrome.d/99default is a config
file, and am too lazy to check right now.

Q. How many former COBOL programmers does it take to write an XML
interoperability specification?
A. You can never have enough former COBOL programmers to write an XML
interoperability specification.          -- Andrew Orlowski on eSpeak