Re: dir permissions

On Fri, Jul 12, 2002 at 05:26:56PM +0200, Russell Coker wrote:
> >   A lot of games need to write to the user's home directory (eg, to
> > store configuration options, saved games, etc) -- aside from that, it
> > might be useful.
>
> I plan to solve that by having the following rule:
> file_type_auto_trans(user_games_t, user_home_dir_t, user_home_games_t)
>
> So when the user_games_t domain (entered by executing a games_exec_t program
> from the user_t domain) creates a file under the user_home_dir_t directory
> (the user's home dir) then a new file or directory can be created with type
> user_home_games_t (and user_games_t gets full access to that type).

If I have to recompile all of my games which use ~/.foorc or ~/.foo/bar
and move everything around, I will be somewhat annoyed.  It might be a
good thng to do anyway (I have some 200+ dotfiles/dotdirs in ~) but I will
still be annoyed.  =)

--
Joseph Carter <knghtbrd@bluecherry.net>      You're entitled to my opinion

<SilverStr> media ethics is an oxymoron, much like Jumbo Shrimp and
            Microsoft Works.
<MonkAway> not to mention NT Security