Re: Where is Debian going?

On 10-Jul-02, 12:33 (CDT), Daniel Ruoso <daniel@ruoso.com> wrote:
> This is one thing that I really don't understand. If woody is frozen
> because it's due to be released, why it isn't in a frozen dist, and
> testing goes on with the new software?
> (i've read (and started) some threads about the structure, but i didn't
> get the point)

The point is that managing three different distributions is hard enough,
and adding a fourth for the short[1] time between freezing and release
is not worth the additional effort (it might be less after the woody
release, with the pools for all the distributions, but that's just a
guess). It's not a like a it's a big hardship[2].

Steve

[1] Well, it's not intended to be a long time. This one has stretched.

[2] Because if it was, then somebody would have implemented a better
system, right?

--
Steve Greenland

    world.       -- seen on the net