Re: DebConf 2 post-mortem

On 8 Jul 2002, Joe Drew wrote:

> I'd like to hear from others who attended DebConf as to just what
> worked, and what didn't. Where could it have been improved? What should
> stay the same? I welcome any comments, on- or off-list.

   It would have been nice to have someone announce things, like "It is
lunch time, be back in x minutes for the next talk or stay around for the
key signing and some smaller talks."  Also, for us that stayed off campus,
it would have been nice to know that the subways don't open until 9:00am
on Sundays, but this isn't your fault.
   I think in the future it may be better to have a moderator
control the question taking, or leave a period of time after each talk for
general discussions around the talk, which is what most of the questions
turned into.

   Adam