Re: NEWS.Debian files

Phillip Hofmeister wrote:
> Couldn't we just highlight important things by:
>
> A) Butting them at the top of the changelog
>
> AND/OR
>
> B) Bulletizing them some how?

Not all of our users have mental bandwidth to read the top of each
changelog entry and figure out what's important. Especially if they are
upgrading from stable to stable and the changelog has many entries that
would have to be scanned at once.

Experience with debhelper and debconf makes me thinks that this fails
even for developers (how many of you who run apt-listchanges remember
seeing sobmething about PackageDir in the past week?)

--
see shy jo