Re: Proposal for new Security subsection for non-US

On Mon, Jun 24, 2002 at 07:33:12AM -0400, Anthony DeRobertis wrote:

> On Sunday, June 23, 2002, at 05:21 , Matthew Sackman wrote:

> >If I've missed something obvious, please shout at me ;-)

> Only problem is that a Snort that has reached its second
> birthday may not be happy with the new definitions.

If we're really going to provide a system whereby users get the
reliability of stable with the advantage of up-to-date definition files,
then this is a problem that someone has to overcome.  The only other
solutions all involve compromising on point 1 to give our users point 2.

Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer