Re: Little things make the initial install experience painful

Michael Piefel wrote:
> aptitude is not properly internationalized. It's translations are
> lacking. Pressing F1 gives an English help text. In the source of
> 0.2.11.1, there are only 2 valid PO files. In a UTF-8 terminal with
> German text, the menus fail to display properly. It supports far fewer
> languages than dpkg (and thus dselect).

Well I suppose that the translators have their work cut out for them,
then. I don't think that lack of translations is good enough reason to
keep a generally excellent program that our users have been asking for
for a long time out.

--
see shy jo