Re: The New Security Build Infrastructure

Gergely Nagy wrote:

> I'd rather see a fix before the whole wide world notices that my
> servers can be compromised. Like if I leave my door wide open, and
> notice it at the way toward the office, I'd first phone the
> neighbours, and not tell everyone who happens to come by.

Not quite the right metaphor.

Public announcement of security problems: Anyone's allowed to tell you
your door is open.  It's up to you whether you close it straight away,
or wait for someone to tell you how to close it.

Announcement to closed lists: The fact your door is open is discussed in
private until someone's come up with a way to tell you how to close your
door, then they finally tell you your door is open.

Scott
--
Scott James Remnant     Have you ever, ever felt like this?  Had strange
http://netsplit.com/      things happen?  Are you going round the twist?