Re: xfree86 with nvidia card, ppc woody

On Wed, Jun 12, 2002 at 10:07:24AM -0400, Matt Zimmerman wrote:
> > Has anybody gotten xfree up and running with an nvidia card, with the
> > latest ppc woody version?

<snip>

> It worked fine for me with the "nv" driver, as long as I specified the PCI
> bus ID when configuring xserver-xfree86.

On powerpc?  woody's xserver-xfree86 doesn't come with the nv driver on
powerpc.

I've been trying for a couple of weeks to get XFree86 to drive the
GeForce2 in my Powermac Cube, with only limited success.  The nv driver
is not built by default on ppc, and is in a state of fairly rapid
development right now.  I got the latest (as of a week or so ago) CVS
source and got it to build the nv driver on ppc, and it ran.  However,
trying to start the X server for a second time (i.e. start the X server,
shut it down, then start it again) crashed the machine.

It seems that the nvidia kernel patches are i386 only.  The Debian
packages claim to be, anyway.  Is this not the case?

noah