Re: woody installation problem on old laptop

On 11 Jun 2002, Thomas E. Vaughan wrote:

> On Tue, 2002-06-11 at 16:32, Tomas Pospisek's MailLists wrote:
> >
> > [old laptop, pcmcia ne2000 card, kernel dies]
> >
> > have you tried with both kernel-pcmcia-* and pcmcia-* packages? pcmcia-*
> > worked better for me. Kernel-pcmcia-* just froze.
>
> How do I try one and then the other?  I just used the current boot
> floppies for woody.  As I indicated, I can avoid (or at least forestall)
> the kernel problem if I lie to the install program about my ethernet
> card's being a PCMCIA device.  Is there more than one flavor of PCMCIA
> package that I could choose with dselect after the minimal system is
> installed?

tpo@tpo2:tpo$ apt-cache search pcmcia
[...]
kernel-pcmcia-modules-2.4.18-xxx - Mainstream PCMCIA modules 2.4.18 on xxx.
[...]
pcmcia-modules-2.4.18-xxx - PCMCIA Modules for Linux (kernel 2.4.18-xxx)

In case you want to try the 2.4.18 kernel. Those two set are defacto
mutually exclusive. So install only one of them.
*t

             Tomas Pospisek
	     http://sourcepole.ch
	     Tel: +41 (81) 330 77 11