Re: The New Security Build Infrastructure

On Sun, Jun 09, 2002 at 02:48:26PM -0400, Sam Hartman wrote:

> Here you argue only that it is a good idea to hide security updates,
> not that doing so is consistent with the social contract.  Not all
> right things are by their nature consistent with the particular

One need that users have is for good and prompt security updates.  Being
in the loop on preannouncement discussions helps the security team to
provide these updates.  Not being in the loop would result in a similar
amount of information being avaliable to users (we wouldn't know about
security issues like this so wouldn't be able to tell users) and reduced
quality for the security updates.