Re: Open up "testing" (Re: Wish: Unfreeze Woody and start anew)

On Sun, Jun 09, 2002 at 02:53:17PM +0200, Otto Wyss wrote:
> > I really dont see the point in rushing out something that is substandard
> As I said you personally I don't want to rush out woody.

*sigh* There's always got to be someone second guessing, doesn't there?

> But what I'm
> not happy is that "testing" (currently Woody) stays frozen for such a
> long time.

It's been a month. One. Month. You should be expecting it to take seven
or eight months. That's how long it took last time -- anything better
than that is pure gloss.

Of course, not being even in the new-maintainer queue, let alone having
actual experience as a developer, I guess you wouldn't have any reason
to understand what's going on well enough to make intelligent comments.

Cheers,
aj

     ``BAM! Science triumphs again!''
                    -- http://www.angryflower.com/vegeta.gif