Re: Keeping CVS directories out of the diff

On Sun, 09 Jun 2002, Shaun Jackman <sjackman@shaw.ca> wrote:

> Thank you for your response, though I do know that much about diff.
> My question was in the context of Debian development. How do I
> prevent debuild from including CVS directories in the diff?

I think the important question is how the CVS directories got there in
the first place.

If they were in upstream's source, then besides the fact this is poor
practice, you shouldn't modify them, so they won't show up in the diff.
If you changed them, don't change them. If you want to update to a newer
version, do *not* use "cvs up". Use "cvs diff" and apply the patch, preferably
from a seperately checked out working directory. If you put them there,
well, don't.