Re: Wish: Unfreeze Woody and start anew

Florent Rougon wrote:

Yeah, great, I like this principle too. There is a least one problem,
though: some important packages, say XFree 4.2, are said to be waiting
for woody's release. I know about several cases where this will imply
(because of the graphics adapters support in 4.2) a Mandrake
distribution being installed on a server[1] instead of a Debian system.
I hope I won't have to fix too many things... More importantly, we are
losing potential users.

[1] Well, a machine on which several users will log into and run X
    programs, among others

Why should that matter? Being an X server for remote clients has absolutely nothing to do with the video card installed on the server. It can be headless for all it matters.

--
Paul 'just wait for it' Baker