chroot in /usr and initrd booting

I have filed #146208 against shellutils almost a month ago.  It's about
the chroot binary being in /usr/sbin instead of /sbin and I didn't get any
reaction so far.

In short, when booting an initrd, after the pivot_root a chroot has to
be done into the new root.  If /usr is on a separate partition, chroot
isn't available, boot fails.

I'm tempted to raise the severity on that bug (it's normal for now), but
I'm a bit reluctant to do that to a base package in deep freeze.  Though
it would be nice to be able to boot woody just with the tools in /bin
and /sbin.  Any thoughts on what to do?

--
Andreas Bombe <bombe@informatik.tu-muenchen.de>    DSA key 0x04880A44