Re: Strange dpkg problem with latest doc-linux-html upgrade

Hallo,

On Thu, Jun 06, 2002 at 07:46:27PM +0200, Jérôme Marant wrote:
> Adam Heath <doogie@debian.org> writes:
>
> > On Thu, 6 Jun 2002, [iso-8859-1] Jérôme Marant wrote:
> >> I dist-upgraded my system in the morning and dpkg hasn't been
> >> able to upgrade the new version of doc-linux-html: dpkg
> >> suddenly hang everlastingly and I've never been able to kill it.
> >>
> >> [...]
> >
> > What version of dpkg and doc-linux-html?  All the versions before, during,
> > and after the upgrade.
>
>   dpkg is 1.9.21.
>
> I can reproduce the scenario (sorry the first part is in French but it
> shouldn't be difficult to match with the English version) :
>
> chinon:~$ sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
> [...]

I saw the same behaviour on a daily updated Sid system.
(Sorry, I don't remember any version numbers, now.)
I "fixed" it by killing the scrollkeeper-update process.

Maybe this is caused by scrollkeeper's habit of attempting
internet connections to download DTDs (compare bug #148220)?
You could try "lsof -i" to see whether scrollkeeper is
trying to download something.

Jochen
--
                                         Omm