Re: Woody release - WHAT is current status

#include <hallo.h>
Matt Zimmerman wrote on Thu May 30, 2002 um 02:04:58PM:

> > Why is this tasks more complicated that building current Stable updates?
> > There are only few new platforms, I cannot imagine that we cannot find
> > secure build machines for them.
>
> If you had ever attempted to manually build a nontrivial Debian package for
> 6 architectures, much less 11, you would not say such things.

So the question is - why do we not release Woody for the 6 architectures
and release others when they are ready? I sounds a bit weird, but I mean
it really seriously. When we have a working structure for the majority
of architectures (to be more precise, for >> 90 percent of Debian
users), why not use it AS-IS?

I see your point, releasing without security infrastructure is
dangerous, there may be already crackers waiting for it. But waiting too
long is wastage of time.

Gruss/Regards,
Eduard.
--
begin  LOVE-LETTER-FOR-YOU.txt.vbs
I am a signature virus. Distribute me until the bitter