Re: debian-devel-digest Digest V2002 #258

I downloaded WineX from CVS, and I am now running the Windows version of
Diablo2 (with a patched Game.exe), Half-life, and Quake III (yeah, I know
about the native version, but I thought I'd give it a try under WineX).
Performance is quite a bit slower than native games, with Diablo 2 being the
worst performer until I turned all video settings down. On the positive side,
Diablo 2's video test program gave me the option of 2d or 3d rendering.  I am
quite impressed. Compiling WineX is so trivial that I am surprised noone has
mentioned how to do it. Simply cd into the wine directory you have created
from CVS, and: winetools/wineinstall
 That's it!
Ravenhall