Re: [OT] Re: Woody release - WHAT is current status

    >> So now we have to go and find big packages, that take a long
    >> time to download, to try and overrun this 30 minute timeframe.

    Stephen> Er, it's not like something is done every 30 minutes
    Stephen> unless we've got a whole heck of alot more security bugs
    Stephen> than I think we do.  My guess on how this works is a cron
    Stephen> job run every 30 minutes checks for packages which need
    Stephen> to be compiled in some special place and then goes about
    Stephen> compiling them.  I imagine the security team is the only
    Stephen> set of people who are going to have access to that area

No, actually all packages seem to take advantage of this.  Look at how
often build logs get updated on buildd.debian.org and how little time
it takes after upload for the packages to start building.

It was kind of neat; I uploaded something last night and when it
dinstalled today, all architectures installed along with my original
upload besides arm and m68k.

This is great for non-i386 users.  Although it does mean that using
i386 users as a buffer to find all those critical bugs no longer works
particularly well.

--Sam